Smarter, more sustainable brands, products and packaging.
Lucid Innovation is a team of creative designers and engineers. We use smart, sustainable design to think ahead, open-up new markets, drive innovation and increase your competitiveness.
Every experience of your product or service is an opportunity to build competitive advantage. Our job is to explore each interaction, create new ways to simplify complexity, and align potential solutions to your brand values.
We test ideas by quickly making physical and digital models of alternative designs. Modelling helps people understand ideas and share their experiences. It helps you see what people value.
Using life-cycle assessment, we can then identify a true cost of ownership over time and the carbon footprint of each option. Analysing the information, we seek out opportunities to balance cost with the product attributes that your users really care about.
Exploring all these options helps us focus design on what really matters to people, and helps us design out the waste that doesn’t. It can help minimise the impact of rising costs such as energy and materials. It helps us to future-proof your competitiveness, making your intellectual property more valuable.
Working with diverse production processes and materials, our team has accumulated the know-how to reduce risk and the experience to avoid the unexpected. Collaborating with clients and suppliers, your design is optimised for production using a process accredited to ISO 13485, the international standard for medical device design.
At Lucid Innovation, your offer is designed to be more compelling. It’s designed for longevity. This is design for sustainable commercial advantage – and who wouldn’t want that?
At a glance
- Founded in 2002, on the merger of two creative industrial design businesses
- Independent, fully-owned by our directors, self-funded and consistently profitable
- Accredited to ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 13485 by BSI, ensuring full traceability
- Based in Manchester Science Park
- Close proximity to the University of Manchester and its research base
- Regularly contribute thought leadership pieces to industry publications
- Active members of British Design Innovation, promoting industrial design best-practice