Client: Compact Caddy
Project: Compact motorised golf-bag trolley
Expertise: Product Design, Mechanical Engineering
Simplify project management
and accelerate time to market
- Innovative compact golf caddy development
- Six months to design and develop
- Design for single-handed, intuitive operation
- Value engineered ultra-light assembly
- Structural optimisation for balance and robustness
- Design for low-volume, batch manufacture
- Prototypes assembled by Lucid
- Development of instructions for use
- UK supplier sourcing
The market for golf accessories is saturated by low-cost Far Eastern products. To manufacture and sell in Europe, Compact Caddy needed to develop benefits to transcend price.
Stability, easy operation, reliability, simplicity, single-handed folding, low weight and self-standing support were base-line development requirements that me-too products already satisfied.
To make Compact Caddy a desirable, viable, premium-priced offer, we had to use design to create emotive connection in a discerning market.
Quality and consistency of materials, fit, finish and feel were lacking in competitor products. Working on the strategy that less is better, our team worked though iterations of 3D CAD, prototyping, test and manufacturer liaison to ensure that every detail of Compact Caddy stripped back to functional perfection.
Over 10 years of continuous international sales.